Friday, July 10, 2015

 

Saskatchewan UFO Case from 1995


I was going through some old files and found a batch of cases reported online in an old NN news discussion group called Paranet. Among the hundreds of cases was this one, taken from an RCMP file and redacted by Mike McClarty, who was very active in Canadian ufology for many years. Not sure what happened to him after he retired, though.

=======================================================================

From alt.paranet.ufo Sat Jun 17 21:03:41 1995
From: aw560@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Mike McLarty)
Subject: UFO Report - near Rosetown, Saskatchewan

The following is a statement given by a witness to a UFO sighting near Rosetown, Saskatchewan to an RCMP officer, and has been re-typed to as closely resemble the original as possible.

Should any investigators in the area of the sighting who may not be
aware of this, wish additional information for follow-up, please
advise me by e-mail at either: aw560@freenet.carleton.ca 
                      
Note:  "?" = unreadable due to poor photocopy
       "#" = information which was severed in accordance with the
             Privacy Act
       "*" = information which I deleted to avoid potential
             pestering of reporting personnel

- although the witness indicates the object made a 45 degree turn, I believe he may mean as much as 90 degrees, since he stated that the object's turn was from either "north by northeast" or from      "northeast to northwest", which is greater than 45 degs
=================================================================

~Date: 95-01-30
Time: 1419 hours
Place: 5A15

This is the statement of ##########################
Address: ###########################
Phone: ##############
Work: #########
DOB: ########
Employer: #########

     On 95-01-29 at approximately 7 p.m. I was heading east on my grid near my farm. As we were driving home I noticed a flying object just to the south of the grid. It was travelling in a north by northeast direction. It was travelling very slowly for a flying object. The object then proceeded in the direction at approximately 50 mph. This is very slow for a plane to be travelling and it was only about 300 to 400 feet above the ground. The object was flying over my uncle's cattle. The object was followed by us and then it made a quick northwest direction turn. The object continued to fly in that direction, but the turn was similar to a 45 degree angle. This object flew off in this direction. I figure we got to within about one mile away from it before it took off in the opposite direction. I've never seen a plane do that sort of turn before and I don't believe it could unless it flared up and this object didn't flare up and turn. It is possible it could be a gyrocopter or a helicopter, but the turn it made was too sharp for a copter, I feel.

Q. When/where exactly did you see this object?
A. One mile southeast of my farm on 95-01-29 at 7 p.m. We followed it east on my grid one mile and we stopped and watched it. The object would have crossed the grid I was on, right where I was sitting when I decided to watch the object. The object then continued northeast for about one mile and then it made its sharp turn and continued northwest.

Q. How long did you see this object?
A. About five minutes.

Q. Can you give me a description of the object?
A. No, not really. It had red lights, blue lights and white lights.

Q. How many lights would it have had?
A. Six for sure, two of each. The blue lights were flashing
irregularly.

Q. How bright was the light?
A. Just like regular aircraft lights.

Q. Any shape of the object?
A. No, that's the bad part.

Q. How many objects?
A. One.

Q. Altitude of the object was?
A. About 200 metres.

Q. What color was the object?
A. I couldn't make it out.

Q. Did it make any sound?
A. I never opened a window and it was too windy.

Q. What was the condition of the sky?
A. It was clear, but it was at dusk so we couldn't see stars yet.

Q. Who all saw the object?
A. My wife ########################, my children. Also of course
myself.

Q. Anything else that stuck out about this object?
A. We don't get many planes that low at that time of day in this area. Also, the unusual turn that this object made. It was like a 45 degree angle from northeast to northwest.

Signed: Cst. R.T. *****                       Signed: #######

1448 hours

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?